This job posting is no longer active
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for an Underwriter II to join our growing team of Management & Professional Liability Underwriters in our Highlands Ranch, CO office.
The position will underwrite management and professional liability lines of business through independent agents and wholesale brokers, including D&O, E&O and Cyber products. You will have the opportunity to establish relationships with agents and generate additional business. Evaluates insurance applications to determine the risk involved: decides to accept or reject the application; determines appropriate premium.
A typical day will include the following:
• Assists in determining the acceptability, conditions and pricing of specific professional liability lines insurance risks and associated coverage.
• Maintains familiarity with the products, services, priorities and target markets in the management and professional liability lines of business or insurance segments.
• Maintains familiarity with the loss experience and business conditions of key accounts as well as loss trends and any major legal or economic factors affecting the management and professional liability lines of business.
• Communicates effectively with colleagues in underwriting and all support areas in order to meet the insurance needs of customers.
• Meets with agents and brokers in assigned territory.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional liability lines underwriting experience with carrier or broker; D&O, E&O, Cyber preferred
• Must have attention-to-detail skills and possess a strong degree of organization
• Must be analytical, results-oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency
• Must have demonstrated marketing and agency development skills/experience
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Think you might be a good fit for Philadelphia Insurance, but haven't found a job posting that matches your interests? Keep in touch with us through our Talent Network. When the perfect opportunity comes along, our recruiters will be ready for you!