Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2020
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for an experienced commercial insurance professional with superior customer service skills to join our Northwest region in either Seattle, WA or Tualatin, OR as a Sr. Account Associate.
Working with limited supervision, supports the new business sales goals and/or renewal retention goals and manages new and/or renewal business and servicing of accounts of an assigned territory via interaction with agents, Marketing Representatives, policyholders, Underwriters and other internal and external customers.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with Agents / Brokers to facilitate new business processing in accordance with company underwriting guidelines.
• Processes requests for endorsements, certificates, and coverage question within UW Authority as delegated.
• Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and applies judgment in attempting to round out accounts and cross sell.
• Conducts regular AM Connect agency visits with PIC, UW or RAM, and attends Agents Summits/ Conventions/Product Fairs.
• Actively involved in price and coverage negotiations with agent and UW by obtaining information from agent on whether account is being marketed.
• Reviews binding conditions to ensure all are met prior to making decision to bind account. This includes making determination if able to Bind Awaiting. Analyzes quote to ensure pricing and coverage is in line with company rate goals based upon knowledge of competition. Calls agents to review proposal and discuss potential changes and/or presentation requirements for their meetings with agents
• Reviews and pre-qualifies all new business submissions for acceptability and completeness based upon guidelines set forth in the Product Prequalification Guidelines and/or prepares for and regularly participates in regional renewal account review meetings and Large Loss account review meetings
• Analyzes renewal documents received for accuracy and acceptability. Reaches out to agents to discuss any changes in exposure, and determine potential competition, pricing or coverage issues that may arise during the course of the renewal. Proactively facilitates conversations with agent, UW and Marketing as needed based upon initial assessment of renewal status.
High School graduate or equivalent; minimum 3 years of related industry experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
P&C License required.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.