Location: Tualatin, OR, United States
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for a professional with a passion for commercial insurance and superior customer service to join our team in Seattle, WA or Tualatin, OR as an Account Associate!
Working under the direct supervision of the Account Associate Supervisor or Regional Account Manager, supports the new business or renewal production goals of an assigned territory via interaction with agents, Marketing Representatives, policyholders, Underwriters and other internal and external customers.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with Agents / Brokers to facilitate new business or renewal processing in accordance with company underwriting guidelines.
• Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and applies judgment by soliciting cross sell opportunities and rounding out accounts
• Conducts AM Connect agency visits with PIC, UW, or RAM, and attends Agent Summits/Conventions/Product Fairs.
• Facilitates price and coverage review with agent and UW. Reviews binding conditions to ensure conditions are met prior to making decision to bind account and send confirmation of coverage/including making determination if able to Bind Awaiting.
• Utilize pipeline reports to ensure need-by dates are met and applies discretion in prioritizing accounts.
• Reviews quote to ensure pricing and coverage is in line with company rate goals based upon knowledge of competition. Calls agent to review proposal and discuss potential changes and/or presentation requirements for their meeting with agents, i.e. Risk Management opportunities, billing options, PHLY.com self-service options.
• Maintains documentation of account file to meet compliance and internal quality control requirements.
• Reviews and pre-qualifies all new business submissions for completeness based upon guidelines set forth in the Product Prequalification Guidelines and or analyzes renewal documents received for accuracy and acceptability. Reaches out to agents to discuss any changes in exposure, and determine potential competition, pricing or coverage issues that may arise during the course of the renewal.
• Proactively facilitates conversations with agent, UW, and Marketing as needed based upon initial assessment of new business submission or renewal status.
High School graduate or equivalent;
Minimum 1 year of account management or industry experience: an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.