Location: Mission Viejo, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
The Marketing Associate, under direct supervision, is responsible for qualifying leads and soliciting business through agents, wholesalers and brokers. The Marketing Associate will participate in a training program which will include learning basis insurance knowledge, sales skills, and PHLY product training. A portion of the training program will involve shadowing of currently marketing representatives.
In this position you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Work closely with field management to determine target accounts
• Provides support to the regions in hitting goals according to their strategic emphasis through handling ex-date calls and participating on weekly regional calls
• Learns to solicit new business and promote PHLY products via in-house software system with preloaded leads for region
• Participates in external and internal training classes and workshops to achieve and maintain expertise on PHLY products
• Recommend amount and type of coverage based on analysis of the prospect's business
• Work closely with the Underwriting team on business submissions
• Present proposals to agents and follow up with customers
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors, and peers
• Basic knowledge of insurance products, market segments and marketplaces
• Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment
• Ability to use various resources and product knowledge to achieve sales goals
• Ability to obtain P&C license prior to starting
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.