Location: Highlands Ranch, CO, United States
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2019
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
The Underwriter Trainee will participate in a training program which will include learning basis insurance knowledge, interaction with departments, and PHLY product training. A portion of the training program will involve shadowing of current Underwriters. The Trainee provides support and assistance to Management & Professional Liability (MPL) underwriting staff by handling administrative and routine underwriting tasks.
A typical day will include the following:
• Interacts with and learns the role of other groups (loss control, claims, administration, etc.) in providing MPL products and services to routine accounts.
• Supports MPL underwriting staff using the necessary systems, forms, methods and procedures.
• Learn and understand key components of common products in the MPL line of business as well as learn and maintain knowledge of company workflow and company procedures.
• Contact agents, brokers and marketing department as appropriate to clarify and correct inconsistent, incorrect or missing application/submission information, and conduct follow ups with agents, brokers and marketing department on binding conditions and additional information requests.
• Take pricing referrals, coverage questions and endorsement referrals on our Automatic book according to delegated underwriting authority and guidelines.
• Accurately enter all new and renewal submissions, update the workflow tracking system with appropriate entries, run reports to determine assignments and complete account status follow up by contacting agents, brokers and the PHLY marketing department via the most appropriate method of communication.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.