This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Walnut Creek, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2018
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytical, but creative thinker and problem solver to join our Tokio Marine Specialty Team as a Specialty Producer in Walnut Creek, CA.
Under moderate direction and supervision, and under authority granted by TMSIC, the Specialty Producer markets assigned products by providing intermediate levels of risk assessment and technical expertise to determine acceptability. May provide intermediate level of financial analysis to determine credit quality.
• Assists with gathering and analyzing information, applies appropriate techniques necessary to make an accurate evaluation of acceptability of risk.
• Participates in marketing activities within the region to promote the development of new business.
• Prepares account submissions, making recommendations and/or decisions within established authority limits.
• May ensure credit quality of accounts managed while maintaining and updating account files.
• Prepares and participates in proposals to producers and/or accounts negotiating terms and conditions.
Bachelor’s degree; minimum 2 years related industry/brokerage experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
CA Broker License and Surplus Line License preferred.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.