Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking to hire a proven leader to oversee our Commercial P&C business for the West Territory as a Vice President of Underwriting. The position will be based in our Greater Los Angeles (Orange County), San Francisco Bay Area (Walnut Creek) or Denver (Highlands Ranch) office, or one of our Regional Underwriting offices within the Territory.
The Vice President will direct the insurance risk management or underwriting program for property and casualty insurance and manage teams of underwriters and support staff to achieve production and profitability goals for a large book of business.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, manage, motivate and support the P&C insurance underwriting professional staff through communicating organizational goals, resource allocation, performance management, training and development.
• Establish, administer and continually improve effective P&C insurance risk evaluation strategies, processes and practices for the organization to include support technologies, appropriate business alliances and responsive service standards.
• Maintain organizational profitability via the application of effective underwriting practices to both new and renewal business for all P&C insurance product lines.
• Provide leadership and support for complex underwriting matters in the P&C insurance arena by assisting less experienced underwriters with more complex practices, techniques or applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 15+ years of Commercial Lines underwriting experience with an established carrier.
• 7-10+ years of managing and leading underwriting teams required.
• CPCU designation strongly preferred.
• Must have strong agency relationships in the Western US and excellent communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented and demonstrate strong organizational capabilities.
• Must be analytical, results-oriented, and show a high sense of urgency in response to internal and external business matters and customer needs.
• Must have the ability to mentor and motivate a staff of professionals.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Think you might be a good fit for Philadelphia Insurance, but haven't found a job posting that matches your interests? Keep in touch with us through our Talent Network. When the perfect opportunity comes along, our recruiters will be ready for you!